I received an email today from my mate Junior. It read:
The new dinosaur Jr album is sooo damn good.. sounds even better wearing flannel
The new sonic youth album is also very very good.
I saw nunchukka superfly at club 77 last week by myself and about 20 other over 40 and they fucking blew me away.
I tells ya there’s something about personal recommendation – passionate, informed, and real – that will always win out.
Having seen Nunchukka Superfly live with Junior makes his observation even more credible.
1. It’s Sunday night and you are looking forward to Monday morning.
2. It’s Monday morning and you are not looking forward to Friday afternoon.
3. You go home from work tired, but strangely exhilirated.
4. You don’t have time nor inclination to waste time roaming the Internet during work time.
5. The time you used to spend moaning about your job is now spent talking it up.
Welcome to brucini.com.
A place for the random shite that passes through my mind – writing, music, sport, travel, observation, interwebs.
Thanks for spending a few minutes of your life with me.
I was lucky enough to get given a signed serviette from legendary NZ poet Sam Hunt recently.
My parents bumped into him in Matakohe, NZ, of all places. They don’t know him, he was just there, and they know I like his poetry.
Got to think a poet writing his name on a napkin is kind of poetic in itself.
My brother actually has hair from his now departed dog ‘Minstrel’ from years ago.
Surely someone can find time to do a new documentary of Sam performing?
My favourite poem of his would have to be ‘Maintrunk Country Roadsong’.